On 12/1 Maitri said

 "This is a group developing a language geared exclusively towards AI
development. "

I volunteered to help work towards the Singularity.  They guided me
towards Flare since that was the only active project they could point me
to.  I conceded I might be of some help.  But after several discussion
with the project manager looking at current state of the project (basic
specs) I determined I really couldn't contribute much without a more
detailed understanding of the objectives of the code and examples of
code and how programs would be written in it.  The project manager also
told me that the language was designed to be general purpose rather than
specific to AI.

I agree that there are would be some advantages in a reflexive language
that would allow the program to store data and code in the same internal
format and modify/enhance itself, but much of that is already present in
languages such as lisp.  I think the institute's plan is to not wait on
Flare to be finished but start using some other langauge and then port
when Flare is complete.  What disturbs me a little is that I have really
seen no architecture laid out for AGI beyond the conceptual level.  I am
still very willing to donate my time and expertise to the institute once
sufficient project work has been initiated.

Without a detailed project plan though it is very difficult to convey to
people the tasks available for assignment and what specific tasks they
may be of use in.