Well, the fact that clustering requires vectors for A2I2, is a property of
your particular AI algorithms...

Our Novamente clustering MindAgent is based on the Bioclust clustering
algorithm, which does not act on vectors:

http://www.math.tau.ac.il/~rshamir/algmb/00/scribe00/html/lec12/node1.html

Rather, it acts on (undirected) weighted graphs [which exist as subsets of
Novamente's directed weighted hypergraph knowledge representation].  You can
always turn a set of vectors into a weighted graph, or vice versa, but the
transformation can be very impractical sometimes...

Translating textual experience directly into weighted graphs is often more
natural than translating it into vectors.  A lot of NLP frameworks use graph
representations....

-- Ben