Claims of having created an impressive AI - sans any credible evidence
- are a dime a dozen.  I've lost track of how many times I've read
similar claims being made over the last decade or so, which often lead
to a brief flap of excitement.

However, I have a feeling that one of these days someone is going to
make such a claim and then it turn out to be genuine.