From: Ben Goertzel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 2:56 PM
To: agi@v2.listbox.com
Subject: Re: [agi] More Info Please

Peter has some technical info on his overall (adaptive neural net) based
approach to AI, on his company website, which is based on a paper he wrote
in the AGI volume Cassio and I edited for Springer (written 2002, published
2006).

However, he has kept his specific commercial product direction tightly under
wraps.

I believe Peter's ideas are interesting but I have my doubts that his
approach is really AGI-capable.  However, I don't feel comfortable going
into great deal on my reasons, because Peter seems to value secrecy
regarding his approach... I've had a mild amount of insider info regarding
the approach (e.g. due to visiting his site a few years ago, etc.) and don't
want to blab stuff on this list that he'd want me to keep secret...

Ben

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Mike Tintner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> ... on this:
>
> http://www.adaptiveai.com/news/index.htm
>
> "  Towards Commercialization
>
> It's been a while. We've been busy. A good kind of busy.
>
> At the end of March we completed an important milestone: a demo system
> consolidating our prior 10 months' work. This was followed by my
> annual pilgrimage to our investors in Australia. The upshot of all
> this is that we now have some additional seed funding to launch our
> commercialization phase late this year.
>
> On the technical side we still have a lot of hard work ahead of us.
> Fortunately we have a very strong and highly motivated team, so that
> over the next 6 months we expect to make as much additional progress
> as we have over the past 12. Our next technical milestone is around
> early October by which time we'll want our 'proto AGI' to be pretty
> much ready to start earning a living.
>
> By the end of 2008 we should be ready to actively pursue
> commercialization in addition to our ongoing R&D efforts. At that time
> we'll be looking for a high-powered CEO to head up our business
> division which we expect to grow to many hundreds of employees over a few
years.

> Early in 2009 we plan to raise capital for this commercial venture,
> and if things go according to plan we'll have a team of around 50 by
> the middle of the year.
>
> Well, exciting future plans, but now back to work.
>
> Peter "

Ben Goertzel, PhD
CEO, Novamente LLC and Biomind LLC
Director of Research, SIAI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"If men cease to believe that they will one day become gods then they will
surely become worms."
-- Henry Miller