  From: Panu Horsmalahti
  To: agi@v2.listbox.com
  Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:27 PM
  Subject: **SPAM** Re: Are rocks conscious? (was RE: [agi] Did this message
get completely lost?)

  2008/6/4 John G. Rose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

    Actually you are on to something. Since there are patterns in the rock,

    molecular, granular, electronic, subatomic the rock has string of bits that
    represent time frame samples of consciousness recordings. So I mean if they
    were played with the right equipment in a certain way you might be able to
    extract short consciousness clip recordings.

    Hey wait a sec - is a string of bits that represents consciousness,
    conscious? Or does there have to be a victrola. Does time have to be a
    variable? Hm...

    John

  This is the conscious rainstorm argument, which says that if information
alone can create conscious experience then it can lead to 'absurd' results,
like only a tiny-tiny-ultra-tiny-tiny portion of conscious experience is
created by "real" brains.