Matthias,

OK, that seems fair. Perhaps you will let me get away with a weaker statement:

Since it is convenient to *pretend* that computers are Turing machines
rather than finite-state machines when doing theoretical work, it is
*also* convenient to pretend that Godelian limitations are all that
apply to AI designs. To actually implement the thing, we need to keep
the finite-state limitations in mind. As hardware improves, and
*particular* finite-state inability will melt away (providing some
justification for pretending that Godelian limitations are the
important ones). But, of course, an infinite number of such
restrictions will remain.

--Abram