Olie,

A good example, though the writer doesn't pin down the shortcoming, which is
surely the vagueness/open-endedness of all words/concepts.

To re-present the text's example, a law that states, say:

"Gardens must have trees to qualify for tax rebates"

can be endlessly reinterpreted as to the meaning of "garden" and "tree" and
whether the properties of particular individuals qualify as such, (and whether
the law doesn't really intend them to be eligible for a "bailout" and not just
a "common-or-garden" rebate).

  Olie:This is hardly a list of natural language shortcomings, but it provides
a (slightly amusing) example of natural language problems within a bad-argument
context:

http://atheistwiki.wikispaces.com/Why+you+can%27t+win+an+argument+about+what+the+Bible+says

  -- Olie