>> Some might say that if they get conservation of mass
>> and newton's law then they skipped all the useless stuff!
> OK, but those "some" probably don't include any preschool
> teachers or educational theorists.> That hypothesis is completely at odds
> with my own intuition
> from having raised 3 kids and spent probably hundreds of hours
> helping out in daycare centers, preschools, kindergartens, etc.

Sorry, that was just kind of a joke.  Probably nobody actually has the opinion
I was lampooning though I do see similar things said sometimes, as if inferring
minimum-description-length root level reductionisms is a realistic approach to
learning to deal with the world.  It might even be true, but the humor was
supposed to be to juxtapose that idea with the AGI preschool.