*nods* So you have tried the full problem, and caught up with the current
state-of-the-art in techniques for it? In that case...

... well, honestly, I still don't think your approach with black squares and
screenshots is going to produce any useful results. But given the above, I
no longer think you are being irrational in pursuing it. I think, as you
said, you have looked at the alternatives, all of which are very tough, and
your judgment disagrees with mine about which is the least bad.