On Tue, 2019-01-15 at 21:22 +0000, ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-01-15 at 21:18 +0000, Timon Walshe-Grey wrote:
> > I act on behalf of Tenhigitsune to announce that e will spend rau
> > Energy in Space Battle 0001, where "rau" is a word in twgese, which
> > is a constructed language invented by me. (Other twgese words
> > include "quang" and "spaaace")
> >
> > Go ahead, CFJ this. You know you want to.
>
> I recommend searching the CFJ archives and/or Agoran mailing lists for
> "nkeplwgplxgioyzjvtxjnncsqscvntlbdqromyeyvlhkjgteaqnneqgujjpwcbyfrpueoydjjk".
> (It's not a very commonly used word, after all!)

And as a followup, the most relevant of the many nkep precedents
appears to be CFJ 2625 (which is almost exactly this situation,
attempting to act on behalf of another player using a word that has not
been publicly defined). I disagree with the outcome of that case (as
you can see from the arguments), and I'm not sure it gives us any
guidance for sorting out this situation anyway (as unlike in CFJ 2625,
there's no reason to suppose that the player in question knows the
meaning of the word, nor that they are paying enough attention to the
game to object to an attempt to use it incorrectly).

--
ais523