Ah yes then indeed the LS-P2 will do fine. I would also personally recomend the now gone LS-14. But not sure how you could get this as apparently Olympus doesn't sell it no more.

On 12/21/2017 3:46 PM, Merv Keck wrote:
Hi,
I am actually looking to replace my DS 50 which is about fifteen years old now
and finally worn out. I really liked that model except for the hiss in the
recording. I am hoping to find something with equal or better sound quality and
equal accessibility. The LS P2 has been recommended to me on multiple lists. I
asked for something that was more than consumer level recording. Since losing
the rest of my vision I lost access to all the really cool multitrack options
that I know of out there.
Merv

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Kaufman
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2017 3:39 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io
Subject: Re: [all-audio] Looking For Equivalent to Olympus DS-40Recorder

Sorry; I meant to say DM720!
Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: all-audio@groups.io [mailto:all-audio@groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2017 2:59 PM
To: all-audio@groups.io

What's that the LS-P2? yes it's actually more so. You can actually set the date
and time yourself. Olympus finally contracted that british lady to say the
numbers and things. I don't get why they d

idn't in the first place but oh well there it is. There's also the DM720 for
consumers that is also as accessible.