Ah the 100. My favorite. The 1 I actually wanted but due to lack of dough got the 14. But there's goodness to the 14 that the 100 lacks. Mainly the smart mode. Love that feature. I forget now what else I'd add but there indeed are things about the 14 better over the 100. Ah I just remembered another 1 Neal pointed out. The Compressors only working on individual channals instead of boath at once. So let's say you have your 100 and 2 awesome Rode NT1-A mikes hooked. As I remember the problem if something goes loud on the left the compressor only compresses that channal. The other 1 stays the same. So there's that. I don't know if quick mode would be something for something like the 100. After all would the target audience for it use a quick out of the box just hit record and Olympus deals with the rest kinda mode? I would think those whom the 100 is aimed at would set their own leval as most will know about recording and apropiate levals. Now smart mode would come in handy cause you can't always predict what's gonna happen. Or if there's a particular situation where you don't know the right level. So yeah I wish they'd update the 100. Or make something like the Zoom H4 at least. Don't know if they would ever do something like the H6. Though that would be awesome as you can record with 6 mikes thus you get 5.1.