On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Chris Nighswonger
<cnighswon...@foundations.edu> wrote:
> This may be a little late, but it would be nice to have a switch on
> most status, etc. utils to format the output for texting to a mobile
> device rather than email.

Almost the exact same thing was requested earlier by Douglas K. Rand.

There are a number of suggestions to change the way notifications are
done in Amanda.  And from experience, if those are implemented, it
will generate an even larger number of requests (HTML emails,
mobile-friendly HTML emails, Growl notifications, ..).

As I mentioned earlier, I think the better approach is to design a
generic notification interface into Amanda, and let other applications
do the required formatting/filtering.

That said, I wouldn't object to a patch to amcheck to generate pages
in the case of an error.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer