On 9/30/22 02:32, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 29.09.22 um 02:03 schrieb Nathan Stratton Treadway:
On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 16:11:15 -0400, Nathan Stratton Treadway wrote:
On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 17:29:41 +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
I received:

"Your message to chris.hass...@betsol.com couldn't be delivered.

Chris.Hassell wasn't found at betsol.com."

(I just tried sending email to this email address.  My message was
accepted for delivery by the Betsol mail server, and I haven't received
any bounce message back [after waiting a few minutes].  So hopefully the
bounce you saw was just a temporary misconfiguration on the Betsol mail
server...(?) )

Ack -- I just discovered that my 9/13 test message did result in a
bounce message after all.  (The bounce message went to my spam
folder.)

I tried again just now, and his email address still bounced.

So it would seem that Chris is indeed no longer at Betsol  :(

Ah, that's bad. So again no more direct upstream contact at Betsol.

Still no packages provided by them for 3.5.2, still no activity at the Github-issues, etc etc

Sad.

Let's see who follows.

Thanks for the test, Nathan.

What follows is a four letter word.  fork. The question is how do we pay for a continuation of a better way to do effective backups. And who is to be "in charge". IOW, do we let it fade away into the sunset for lack of adequate support, or do we who have benefited from it, step up to the plate and make it a DIY project.

TANSTAAFL is the operative keyword here.  So who gets the bill for lunch?
.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis