On 05-May-00 06:27:01, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> found a keyboard and
wrote about:
 [amirc] Re: Colour.

[-SNIP-]

> You are asking for an option, which would make AmIRC all the more powerful
> and feature packed.
>
> People who do not want/like colors do not have to use them.
>
> Those who do not want to see them can use the option to not show color
> codes. Pretty darn simple when you think about it.
>
> Optionally, if someone uses colors, you can ask them nicely to stop, or
> ban them, or what have you.
>
> Believe me, those of you who insist on whining about colors on IRC are a
> minority.  What amazes me though, is that you would ramble on and on about
> how you feel, when it doesn't matter since you have the power to disable
> the display of colors.
>

> When other people ask for options which I do not feel I would ever use, or
> might even annoy me if they were used in my channels, I don't speak up
> trying to make sure those options are not added, and question why they are
> even needed. But, maybe I will start. What a wonderful world we would have
> if everyone spoke out against things which do not affect them.

Amen, amen and amen.

I cant quite grasp why people complain, whine and make it seem like the end
is near when people ask for features that will make AmIRC better, without
even affecting those complaining in any other way than that they dont have to use the
feature.

--
Yours Sincerely
Thomas J. Stensas (HAMLET/ShadowMaster @ IRC)

IBM & M$ are trademarks; Amiga is a philosophy.
<sb>
             [ Tagline has been cleared to prevent burn-in]