On Feb 22, 1:23 pm, Java Developer <supp...@cyntacks.com> wrote:
> Al,
>
> We finally made the decision to pull the plug too.

I wonder how pro's that build things from scratch (i.e. do not
leverage existing back ends such as Weather Channel, Amazon etc.)
would sign up to the platform in an effort to build innovative apps.
Technically, Android has the capabilities and "best in class" up front
effort and cost.

It can be frustrating at times, to say the least. I backed off quite a
bit ever since the Google team wasn't able or willing to disperse the
allegations that the ADC1 was extended to allow the MIT team to submit
and take a price. I sure did not consider quitting my day job.
Learning about pretty significant issues like the sidetracked SDK
releases in the ADC1 or the launch of paid apps through off-hand
remarks in the WSJ is <you fill the blank>.
Poor relationship building.

** Google I/O coming. Opportunity to fix the relationship with the
developer community **