On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Chris Samuel <ch...@csamuel.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 01:09:04 pm Jim Ancona wrote:
>
>> So I'm glad to announce a new Android Cupcake release for Freerunner!
>> It's basically a merge of the Koolu code with Michael Trimarchi's
>> enhancements and a few bug fixes and cosmetic things I've added.
>
> I've just reflashed to this and it looks fine, but I've got a couple of
> questions:
>
> 1) I used to be able to tell it to stay on when USB is plugged in through (I
> think) either the Dev Tools or Spare Parts apps, but I can't find that option
> now - any clues ?

Settings/Applications/Development/Stay awake

> 2) Is it possible to tell it to not use GPRS ?  I don't have a data plan and I
> don't want it turned on unless I absolutely need it.

Settings/Wireless controls/Mobile networks/Access Point Names
Select each APN that shows up there, when you get to the details page,
do Menu button, Delete APN.

Note that you may want to write down the APN info somewhere, in case
you change your mind and want to re-add it. I don't know of a "Disable
GPRS" switch anywhere.

Jim