Hi Jim,

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:00:15 am Jim Ancona wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 7:55 AM, Chris Samuel <ch...@csamuel.org> wrote:
>
> > 1) I used to be able to tell it to stay on when USB is plugged in through
> > (I think) either the Dev Tools or Spare Parts apps, but I can't find that
> > option now - any clues ?
>
> Settings/Applications/Development/Stay awake

Yeah, that was me being an idiot and not being able to find it.  Sorry! ;-)

> > 2) Is it possible to tell it to not use GPRS ?  I don't have a data plan
> > and I don't want it turned on unless I absolutely need it.
>
> Settings/Wireless controls/Mobile networks/Access Point Names
> Select each APN that shows up there, when you get to the details page,
> do Menu button, Delete APN.

Thanks - I've swapped back to Michael's v15 image at the moment but I'll keep
that in mind.

> Note that you may want to write down the APN info somewhere, in case
> you change your mind and want to re-add it. I don't know of a "Disable
> GPRS" switch anywhere.

I think there are some tools to do that like APNdroid, but they're only
available in the Android Market and it's not possible to access that with
these firmwares.

Anyone know how Cyanogenmod does it ?  Do they just ship the binaries ?  I've
got a friend running that on his G1 and I believe he can get to the Market.

cheers,
Chris

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP