We're experiancing a similar issue at Brandeis University, but we get no
error, our scheduled procs just hang.

Some background, we're running aolserver 3.3.1 ad13 and scheduled procedures
stopped running on all 3 of our servers upon server reboot yesterday morning
(although I believe the problem began on the 13th but we only noticed it on the
16th).

I brought up Aolserver pointed to nothing but a file that schedules the ns_log

procedure:
ns_schedule_proc 1 ns_log {Notice "hi p"}
ns_schedule_proc 2 ns_log {Notice "hi e"}
ns_schedule_proc 3 ns_log {Notice "hi t"}
ns_schedule_proc 4 ns_log {Notice "hi e"}
ns_schedule_proc 5 ns_log {Notice "hi asdf"}
ns_schedule_proc -thread 1 ns_log {Notice "hi asdf"}
ns_schedule_proc -thread 2 ns_log {Notice "hi a"}
ns_schedule_proc -thread 3 ns_log {Notice "hi sd"}
ns_schedule_proc -thread 4 ns_log {Notice "hi asdff"}
ns_schedule_proc -thread 5 ns_log {Notice "hi pasdf"}

if I set the system date to may 12th or earilier all the procs will run.

otherwise they run for a little then stop.

looking at the straces the difference appears to be in how the nanosleep is set
for the pids.

before may 13th nanosleep was in the form

[pid   614] nanosleep({0, 344780000},  <unfinished ...>

after the 12th there were nanosleeps in the form
[pid   614] nanosleep({999999999, 934211000},  <unfinished ...>

I don't know what to make of this though, it streaches beyond my frame of
knowledge.

one additional piece of information.  It appears that our logs stopped rolling
on may 13th.

any thoughts?

-Zach Shaw

--