Hi Hector (and any others who would like to continue using SVN commands),

I've touched on this previously on this list but I think it's quite
important so I'll mention it again.

GitHub's SVN bridge (which neither GitLab nor Bitbucket have a free
equivalent for),
lets you continue using SVN for working with any of the language
pairs/modules/tools (not
the GitHub equivalents of /languages, /incubator, /trunk though).

For example:

$ svn co https://github.com/mock-apertium/apertium-cat.git/trunk
apertium-cat
A    apertium-cat/.gitattributes
A    apertium-cat/AUTHORS
A    apertium-cat/COPYING
A    apertium-cat/ChangeLog
A    apertium-cat/Jenkinsfile
A    apertium-cat/Makefile.am
[...]
Checked out revision 598.
$ cd apertium-cat/
$ ls
AUTHORS                   Makefile.am               apertium-cat.cat.dix
  apertium-cat.post-cat.dix genvdix.py
COPYING                   NEWS                      apertium-cat.cat.rlx
  autogen.sh                modes.xml
ChangeLog                 README                    apertium-cat.cat.tsx
  cat.prob                  texts
Jenkinsfile               apertium-cat.cat.acx      apertium-cat.pc.in
  configure.ac
$ echo 'who needs a dictionary' > apertium-cat.cat.dix
$ svn status
M       apertium-cat.cat.dix
$ svn ci -m "We don't need this file"
Sending        apertium-cat.cat.dix
Transmitting file data .done
Committing transaction...
Committed revision 599.

Tada: https://github.com/mock-apertium/apertium-cat/blob/
master/apertium-cat.cat.dix

In this light, fully "deprecating" the Using SVN page isn't necessary. Just
a big warning
describing the limitation I mentioned above and what's actually happening
should suffice.
Specifically, the SVN bridge does not support Git submodules.

Of course, there will also be a Git for SVN users guide, probably borrowing
something
someone has already made that works well.

So, your daily workflow does not need to change. You will need a GitHub
account which
I hope isn't too much to ask :-)

Happy to answer any further questions.

--