So run the 32-bit jvm on your 64-bit hardware.  It's that easy.  While
much of the 7.1 java api is native java starting with 7.1 (oncrpc,
etc.), you still have some 32-bit native libraries that the jvm is
going to attempt to load via jni.  Your jvm flavor needs to match that
of the native libraries.

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=277239
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jni.html

Axton