Well, my last remedy custom app I wrote was a purchasing system. It is not yet
tied in with any other remedy apps, so it's fairly small.

22         Forms
146       Active Links
38         Filters
15         Active Link Guides
16         Menus

I did a line count on the def file, and it was 64,973 lines.

I just used this number and plan on just comparing it to other remedy
applications.

My other solution was to open each form in the mid-tier (since my app is
mid-tier only), and do a view source on each form, count the number of lines
for each form. Then, look at each active link, and see how many actions it
performed (If and Else both), and do the same with each filter. Count those
lines, and multiply them by, say, 4 or 5, and then get the menus, guides, etc.
However, there was so much guessing as to how many lines of traditional code
vs. remedy code would be, as well as managing the additional lines added by
future upgrades, I just went with a straight line count. That way, whenever I
implement a change, I just take a def file and do a line count, and I know that
my last change added around 140 lines to the def file.

It's not an exact science, and I like what Matt said better, of tracking how
many objects it has as opposed to how many lines of code, since lines of code
is really an irrelevant metric for a remedy application. However, our CMMI
processes state explicitly that Source Lines of Code would be tracked, so I had
to go with the insanely large number.

Thanks,

Gary Opela, Jr., RSP
Remedy Engineer
Leader Communications, Inc.
http://www.5pointleader.com
http://www.lcibest.com
Best Product, Best People, Best PriceTM
An ISO 9001:2000 Certified, CMMI(r) Level 3 Rated Company