Hi,

If you are on the same timezone as the server, and your clock is accurate,
you should see the same thing regardless of where the $DATE$ was called
(server or client).

If you are on a different timezone, the date-time returned by $DATE$ will
vary.

If the server sets $DATE$ to "2012-03-31" it will add "00:00:00" as time
giving us "2012-03-31 00:00:00" from the servers perspective.

Depending on if you are before or behind the serer from a
timezone-perspective, you might see:
2012-03-30 22:00:00
2012-03-30 23:00:00
2012-03-31 00:00:00
2012-03-31 01:00:00
2012-03-31 02:00:00

And if it is a field that shows only the date-part and hides the time, you
might see the following depending on the client timezone setting:
2012-03-30
2012-03-30
2012-03-31
2012-03-31
2012-03-31

But it will always be the same number of seconds since the birth of Unix
(1970-01-01 00:00:00 GMT), which is some comfort as least...

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11):