The next time you want to backup your script compares the contents of the staging directory on your local drive, and copies the delta and changes, and then move that to the backup drive..

Like I said more time consuming and more expensive..

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: Cecil, Ken Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 4:10 PM Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Slightly OT: Where does $DATE$ come from?

Yeah. I have a script running robocopy.exe to sync my laptop files with an external usb drive and it always ends up recopying everything after the DST change instead of just the files that had changed since the last backup.

I'll be putting of my backup now for a few days since I know its going to take at least 5 hours for it to run :(

Ken.

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Joe Martin D'Souza
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 1:49 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Slightly OT: Where does $DATE$ come from?

I wonder if this is explainable.. It’s the Date Modified attribute of a file on disk - which when copied to a flash drive, the value is the same, until the day the time changes.. ((See attached image))

Notice that the last file that I copied today has the exact same time while the files that were copied before today *HAD* the exact same time until Saturday night.. Where they all fell an hour behind on the flash drive..

I thought it was interesting.. And I found an interesting and plausible explanation to it..

http://ask-leo.com/why_do_file_timestamps_compare_differently_every_time_change.html

Joe