Fred is on the right track with his answers.

The way escalations work is to calculate when things should NEXT fire and that
is what is keyed off of.
The calculation is not considering that DST change may be crossed for the next
fire time (a fair question is
why not and that is something that could be submitted as a bug, but the
escalation does run and for one
time, it is 1 hour off so is it a critical issue?  but, definitely feel free to
submit the bug).

You should find all back on track after the first firing.

Now, the comment about restarting the server.  Why does that "fix" things?
Well, when you restart the
server, we have to calculate all the next fire times so the restart after the
change in DST will calculate the
fire times correctly even for the first firing interval.  It isn't that a
restart is required, it is just that the
restart causes a recalculation of the firing times.

NOTE however that any interval fired operation would not have any issue with
the one hour off and a
restart of the system will reset the interval counter so the current interval
will get longer for the interval
based escalations - however long it has been since the last run plus the
interval for the first interval.

I just wanted to explain what effect the restart had on the issue and why it
seemed to "fix" a problem.

Again, the answer was already there, I just wanted to confirm it and offer a
bit more information about
the affect on interval escalations.

Doug Mueller