Patrick,

You are right - nobody wants another tool.

Heck, I don't want another tool.

But thankfully - business can see past that restriction, or else, I am
afraid - we would all be using Microsoft Excel to manage Incidents,
Changes, CMDB, Word processing, etc...

So - given the right info and education - business does see past the one
tool approach.

So - I would propose to your boss --

Instead of asking - "Would you like another tool?"

Instead say:

How would you like to:
- minimize our changes to Remedy
- simplify our future upgrades
- build new forms and processes in "business time" not "IT time"
- minimize the risk introduced to the system when releasing new
forms/processes
- minimize the risk introduced to the system when changing forms/processes
- minimize training across the company to use the Request system
- minimize the training across IT to fulfill requests
- minimize license cost yet maximize existing investments
- drive fulfillment across the enterprise in real-time
- leverage open strategies for display
- leverage open strategies for fulfillment
- use the request management system from your mobile - without buying more
tools

the list goes on...

Also - throw in Kinetic Request won the award for "Most innovative product
at WWRUG" and then followed it up with "Best support" in the following year.

So -- propose that to your boss -- one tool vs (my list). A wise manager
would look into their options.

Unwise managers bury their head in poor policy.

We have:
The best product
The most open product
The best licensing
The best price
The best support

What else would you want?

(Now - back to March Madness)

-John

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM, patrick zandi <remedy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ** KSR is indeed good, but client does not want another product.
> Which is to our benefit cause work is work...
> but I digress .. back to anyone find a little easier method, then just
> creating carpel tunnel,
>
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Rick Sharp <rickshar...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> ** **
>> I am not employed by Kinetic...but I will say that KSR is more flexible
>> then SRM. Do a simple ROI for your Sr Mgt and with a fair $$ investment and
>> forethought, you will have a sustainable solution.
>>
>> As they say Patrick-"pay for it now, or pay for it later"
>>
>> Shareable with some op cos: yes
>>
>> Future: don't ponder, act smartly--KSR
>>
>> Short Term solution: control the change until....
>> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
>> ------------------------------
>> *From: * patrick zandi <remedy...@gmail.com>
>> *Sender: * "Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <
>> arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
>> *Date: *Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:32:48 -0400
>> *To: *<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
>> *ReplyTo: * arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
>> *Subject: *SRM -- just asking ---for the impossible.
>>
>> ** So you have Multi-tenecy and you have multiple companies..
>> and you have multiple requests...
>>
>> Boss says:: I need you to add a field to 4 or the 10 companies forms, and
>> that should be easy right ?
>> Remedy teams says...: see you in a month..
>> Why? you are now manipulating 800 SRM's AOT, PDT's..
>>
>> Question: is there a management tool, that BMC has to allow a field to be
>> created and mapped easily to many ? and do all the data manipulation,
>> without a 12 min admin per: (none that we know of)
>>
>> Question: is there some other free tool out there that can do it?
>>
>> would not this be a good idea to have?
>>
>> Also:: the ability to make 1 SRM, AOT, PDT, Q&A and share it with SOME
>> companies, not ALL companies..  Nope.. again..  Global only otherwise
>> manually granular specific.
>> Each has to be specific..
>>
>> Now we are up to some 1350 SRM's, and it appears we shall soon be at 2500
>> SRM's.. Appears to be growing quickly.. BMC (we can't prevent change, but
>> we can adapt motto -- Where is that? again)
>>
>> not complaining, just wondering, pondering..  about future.. OF....SRM ..
>> PLEASE..
>>
>> I do not want to hear from Kinetic, I know, I know..
>>
>> --
>> Patrick Zandi
>> _attend WWRUG12 www.wwrug.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"_
>> _attend WWRUG12 www.wwrug.com ARSlist: "Where the Answers Are"_