John Novack wrote:
> Pardon the novice jumping in here, but why are you using the SERIAL image?
> This thin client has both a VGA and DVI interface, as well as PS/2
> keyboard and mouse connectors.
> Are you not using those for your console?
> I have installed AstLinux on the HP thin clients and used the VGA and
> PS/2 keyboard as my console with a good deal of success.
We are using the VGA/PS2 via a conventional console as you suggest. We
are not using a serial interface.  As far as I am aware there is no
"non-serial" image available for the latest Astlinux builds, and as we
need VIA support we have to use the VIA-Serial version - which oddly
enough seems to be configured by default for normal console access.

Thanks for your post all the same.

Mart