Re: eloquence 4.7 for nvda

Ah, but Eloquence is being sold, by Code Factory, under license from Nuance to do so. So it's not abandoned or no longer available.

Stealing Eloquence from an old version of JAWS isn't legal for several reasons. The first is that that copy of Eloquence is licensed only for use with JAWS. Using it in any other screen reader  is a violation of the license agreement, which makes it software piracy. And unless the function calls in the Eloquence DLL were made publicly available by Nuance, the only way to figure out what they are is to reverse engineer the DLL and that is not allowed in every software license agreement I've ever seen.

Face it, using the Eloquence DLL from JAWSS for use in another screen reader is software piracy, plain and simple.

@Grryfindor

Stop lieing! I found your remarks that the developers of NVDA didn't care if people pirated Eloquence so unbelieveable, that I asked them. Here is there response:

We absolutely do not condone (and never have condoned) piracy of Nuance Eloquence. We have also never "turned a blind eye" to this. We have made it clear
on any forum we control (such as our mailing lists) that this is illegal activity and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, we put a considerable amount
of effort into working with companies to find a legal solution for users to purchase Eloquence before the Code Factory add-on was released.

And if you are right about audiogames.net not caring either, which seems very likely, then that is something I think software developers need to be made aware of. I think it would be very interesting to find out what they think. Especially those who expect to sell their games. I would be willing to bet that they wouldn't be so supportive of this community if they knew.

You can ignore the software piracy going on here all you want, that is your choice. Just as it is my c hoice to do something about it. I am in full agreement with the NVDA developers that software piracy should not be tolerated, so, I've been in contact with Freedom Scientific, Nuance, and the Software Publisher's Association, and informed them about what is going on here.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nightmare via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Jason SW via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Riad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dd via Audiogames-reflector