Re: Monthly chat February 2018

@Angel, just start a topic and ask your question, or indeed ask in the Alexa topic, but setting up the echo  really difficult if you use the web client, just a matter of putting in your amazon account username and password, then making sure your Echo connects to your home's wireless network.

[Prime accounts on the echo don't really do much in and of themselves, or not from what I've found.
You can get a little extra music (though you still get nagged to buy amazon music unlimited as well), but as I said the music aspects of the thing are pretty cruddy imho.

I have a prime account for my wife and I, but the main reason we do that is to get free delivery on buying stuff from amazon itself, as we find Amazon a useful place to do shopping and actually want to setup amazon pantry so we can order food items that are too heavy to carry such as bottles of drink, or just too bulky to cart around like kitchin roles.

Sorry to hear about your phone. I'll admit I'm a little bothered that they haven't bought out a survivor case for the iphone 8 yet, so my Iphone is currently caseless. If they don't soon I might have to get a temporary substitute.

Actually one irritating thing about the Iphone 8 is the requirement for an adaptor cable. I took it with me, looking forward to some quality  with the Cog/hg titles on the long train journey, only to find I'd forgotten the stupid lightning adaptor grrrrr!
I think I'll probably buy one to keep in my man bag just in case, aside from the one I keep with my phone, but it is a miner pest.

We actually have found a great case for my victor stream, although the soft leather case humanware sell with the thing is pretty crappy and expensive. It's actually the case for the old Cardiac monitor my dad used before he had his heart operation with several of the straps out of the inside, it fits the victor very well and is a good protective case ;D.

Well not a lot to report given that through most of yesterday I was pretty dead, and what I mostly did was curl up in bed with Mrs. Dark  listen to the latestTorchwood from Big finish.
My god that series is getting bloody dark, and I love the fact that they've got Yvon Hartman back. For a character who was only in two hours of tv and just to show how evil Torchwood one was, she's made a great impact in the audios, and makes a fantastic antagonist, especially since she's not necessarily evil, she's just a complete psychopath with no contience who will do anything to achieve her ends with no regret. The irony is sometimes those ends actually involve good things, like getting rid of a psychic worm from the internet that's causing people to go nuts with guilt and kill themselves, it's just the methods Yvon uses.

Anyway, back today to usual stuff like gamings and working on the db, plus of course working on book reviews.
My last review for Ashes of honour by Seanon McGuire is now up and can be read Here on fantasybookreview.co.uk

I've finally! been able to get hold of all of Jack Vance araminta station trilogy, which I'm really looking forward to since with their usual efficiency when I read the first book back in 2003, the bloody RNIB hadn't done anymore, and since the first book ends on a big fat cliffhanger I was most annoyed, so I should be reading and reviewing those next.