Re: My Google Home Max adventures

My response about the Trek GPS is in the Victor Reader Stream's big brother thread.

The devil is in the details. Something else I've noticed, though is probably more of a problem with Amazon music than with the Echo or Alexa. Often when playing a playlist or a station from Amazon music, I'd have to adjust the volume because the tracks being played vary in their volume level. The previous track played was fine at volume 4, but the current track is too loud requiring that I change the volume level to 3, then the next track is too quiet, requiring me to raise the volume level back up to 4, really annoying. That annoyance doesn't seem to occur at all with Google play music. I can simply set the volume where I want it and it's fine all day long.

One thing I've considered about the various music services, it's kind of like email, before I discovered the convenience of never having to go through changing email addresses by using an email service that is independent of the internet service provider, every time my internet provider changed, I'd get a new email address, and just like moving, would have to tell everyone my new email address, what a pain. Using a music service tied to Amazon or Google could be the same, if I change assistants, I'll have to re set up the music service all over again, but if I sign up with an independent music service like Pandora or Spotify, then, just like an independent email service, as long as the new assistant supports the music service, I'm good to go.