Re: So i've just finished reading neverwhere and its amazing

@Lem, don't confuse Twilight and the twilight zone big_smile.
Actually for that sort of anthology story telling I always prefered the outer limits which was a bit darker.
Black mirror would be interesting, but at the moment I think I'm more drawn to series that ell a definite story than series which are episodic.

Reading (or audio dramas), tend to take priority with me, much as I like my dvd collection in general.

Angel really is the companion series to Buffy, and a lot of events and characters cross between them, for example Cordelia's story and development as a character from completely shallow, self-obsessed mean girl, to pretty awesome, world saving hero needs to carry on over with Angel. Same goes for Wesley and Faith.

There are elements of the story in Angel I disliked, for example, I liked where Spike's story ended for Buffy, and was actively disappointed that he was bought into Angel as a character, since awesome though Spike was, I preferred the idea of him having a distinct ending, to him just sort  of just being bought back to carry on because he was popular.
Likewise, the Buffy series actually left the angel/buffy relationship in a far better place than Angel did, albeit most people's problem with Angel, the sort of open ended "one more battle", ending didn't bother me quite as much as the fact that one  beloved and amazing character in Angel got really severely short changed, seemingly just because they needed to resolve her story some way.

Actually, I've seen those audio described Buffy seasons and have been thinking of trying them out with my lady, since I've always thought she'd enjoy Buffy if we could find it with description.

It's odd, I never liked Buffy whenever I encountered it in the early 2000's, mostly because I just saw a couple of isolated "monster of the week" type of episodes, and beyond watching teenagers pound on vampires, never really got the relationships or what was going on.

it was after I watched firefly and loved the world and the characters, that various people told me Buffy had the same quality of writing, so even though Urban fantasy is probably one of my least favourite genres, I decided to give it a go, and yeah, it was pretty amazing!

As to the ending of game of thrones, well as I've been sharing thoughts progressively in monthly chat topics, I'll not start about that here.
I'm going to start season 8 this evening, so we'll see.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector