Jeff52 wrote:
> Here is a link
> http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?1151-Audible-Jitter-amirm-vs-Ethan-Winer
> to an interesting debate about audibility of jitter and jitter in
> general which may be of interest to readers of this thread.

Thats intresting mudwrestle :) gives some valuable info if manage to
read some of it .

But in this tread we mainly discuss source jitter even if total jitter
can be of interest to thoses who design this stuff .

Source jitter ? todays well designed dacs does a good ebough jobb at
surpressing source jitter anyway , so to applied to sources they can
probably have a magnitude  more jitter than the DAC without getting over
the audible threshold ,

That said Touch jitter performance is good .

So todays DAC any source wil do unless it introduces other electrical
disturbances in that case use toslink (which you know has more jitter :)
but that dacs fixes that ) .

And no equipment racks do not sound different unless you use very
special vacuum tube equipment that has microphony problems or analog
turntables ,for a TT i suggest bolting a shelf onto a concrete wall
(there such wall mounts available and use it's spikes to make it level)
.

That said furniture of any kind definitely have sound if your unlucky ,
but thats down to acoustic interaction I do avoid large cupboards and
cabinets with large cavities and flimsy construction my listening room ,
All the book shelves are open and are packed with actual books or DVD's
or CD's