Golden Earring wrote:
> Hi Archimago!
>
> Mytek make a studio-orientated DAC called the Manhattan (now in version
> 2, so *-someone-* must be buying the things!) at a cool $6000.
>
> It has word clock in & out, so that you can buy several & sync them up
> for multi-channel - at a price!
>
> Don't know if it has MQA, but since it's for monitoring in the studio
> listening room I suspect it would have...
>
> Give Michal Jurewicz a call & see if he'll lend you a full set for
> objective evaluation. He might just do it, he seems to be very proud of
> his designs.
>
> As for you being seduced by such things, I've got you pegged with the
> "unclubable" Groucho Marx  :D
>
> Dave  :cool:

Good one GE:

"PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT
WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER". Groucho Marx

Actually, I do belong to a number of non-profits, little get togethers
(including a local audio gathering a couple years back), and of course
more professional "clubs" so to speak. The -*"fraternity of subjectivist
audiophile"*- (and it is very much a fraternity of typically old dudes)
- not so much. :eek:

On a "serious" note, regarding MQA, while the more expensive Manhattan
DAC (ESS 9038) I'm sure is good, what would be interesting would be a
-non-ESS Tech DAC based decoder-. The reason being that we know what
kind of filtering parameters they're programming into these ESS DACs,
but what about a TI/Burr Brown DAC or an AKM DAC? All kinds of reasons
worth asking about this of course...

Archimago's Musings: (archimago.blogspot.com) A 'more objective'
audiophile blog.