Cheri, in a way I'm happy for my gaff, otherwise I wouldn't have learned this particularity. Actually is kindda funny, because now that I'm researching my family in other islands I was thinking there were a lot of single mothers in Sao Jorge im comparison to Sao Miguel. (LOL).
Margaret Vicente On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 1:08 AM, Cheri Mello <[email protected]> wrote: > Margaret V, > > Not, not a literal translation. More like d'outro = of another (of the > same name), I'd say, but they leave out the ( ) part because it is > understood (or within the priests and scribes circles of that time period). > > > Cheri Mello > Listowner, Azores-Gen > Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, > Achada > > -- > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > [email protected]<azores%[email protected]>. > Follow the confirmation directions when they arrive. > For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail > (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at > http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right > that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership." > -- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. Follow the confirmation directions when they arrive. For more options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

