Manuel,

"...taken out to sea where they would beat the body and dump it in the 
ocean... 

Where did you read that? Do you have any information? I really would like 
to learn more about as I never heard this. Even if what you have is written 
in Portuguese, as it is my primary language.

I will appreciate that.

Isabella Baltar
myportuguesegen.blogspot.com

On Wednesday, April 23, 2014 12:22:02 PM UTC-4, Cheri Mello wrote:
>
> Manuel M,
>
> Manuel said:
> <<In the old days if a grave is dug and the body was still intact, it was 
> reburied for another 7 years,  if it is still intact the body after that 
> time the body it taken and put on a boat and taken out to sea where they 
> would beat the body and dump it in the ocean. I do not know what is the 
> current process after 7 years.>>
>
> They beat the body???  I guess back in those days they didn't know that 
> the ocean would decompose the body.
>
>
> Cheri Mello
> Listowner, Azores-Gen
> Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das 
> Tainhas, Achada 
>

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to