Hi Cheri,
 
I wondered what he meant by that "beat the body".....seems like if it hadn't 
decomposed they'd recommend it for sainthood! More info regarding that would be 
interesting.....when I asked my friend about the bones in the graveyard and I 
expressed surprise at them being dug up she took a bit of offense and said she 
didn't think I should move to the Azores because I didn't understand the 
customs....needless to say I dropped the subject!
 
Have a very fine day and again, THANK YOU for this group and all you do!
 
Nancy Jean
 
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 09:22:02 -0700
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Bizarre...but is it true?
To: [email protected]

Manuel M,

Manuel said:
<<In the old days if a grave is dug and the body was still intact, it
    was reburied for another 7 years,  if it is still intact the body
    after that time the body it taken and put on a boat and taken out to
    sea where they would beat the body and dump it in the ocean. I do
    not know what is the current process after 7 years.>>

They beat the body???  I guess back in those days they didn't know that the 
ocean would decompose the body.

    

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, 
Achada





-- 

For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."

--- 

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
                                          

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to