Good ideas. I am learning quite a bit.

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 1:08 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm happy with the results showing for my and my father's gedcom. I'm glad
> they haven't removed them.
>
> But maybe it's because I have not made anything private. I put what info I
> wanted to be there and nothing more.
>
> I admit it's not the easiest thing to make a proper gedcom. I doubt my
> father could do it without a lot of help.
> Maybe the best way is to first create a second set of data files
> containing only the people and information you want there - no siblings, no
> notes, no pictures, no references.
>
> Once you have done that, you now open up your newly created data files
> (which must have been saved to some other directory or you are possibly
> going to erase your normal files). Once open, look over all the data you
> want to be there. Delete anything you don't want. Then it's simple to
> export the entire thing as a gedcom for posting.
>
> In the future, you might have to do the entire process all over again,
> assuming you make progress with extending your tree and want to show
> everyone a larger tree.
>
> For me, I made just 6 generations to show. At least it's better than some
> who don't want to post anything, even though they have the ability. I
> sometimes wonder why they even got tested if they don't want to connect to
> people.
>
> Doug da Rocha Holmes
> Sacramento, California
> Pico & Terceira Genealogist
> 916-550-1618
> www.dholmes.com
>
>
>  -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Getting rid of the Private people in the
> new Family Trees on FTDNA
> From: Tish M <[email protected]>
> Date: Tue, September 16, 2014 11:00 am
> To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
>
> I find this all very confusing. Why hasn't ftDNA just taken all gedcom's
> off line?
>
>
>  --
> For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail
> (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the
> right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my
> membership."
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Azores Genealogy" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.
>



-- 
sfig
Researching
Island: Santa Maria
Freguesia: Santa Barbara

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to