John,
When I replied to you earlier I did not have this information but Eric
Edgar found Belmira Cotta in the 1910 census.
She was 2 months old.
She changed her name from Belmira to Velma sometime between 1923 and 1929.
Her mother was listed as Mary and her father as Joe M. Cotta on the 1910
census.
A sister, Mary 6 years old was also listed.
On the headstone that was also found by Eric it lists her mother as Marie
M. Cotta and Joe M. Cotta.
In 1923 Belmira Cotta and Manuel Coelho were married.  In 1931 Manuel M.
Coelho and Velma Coelho were divorced.
They had one child, a son Edward Coelho.

Don't know if this new info is of any use to you.    Thank you for
searching.
Dave