I'd be interested to hear how others fare with iPlayer on their laptops.
I installed 4OD on mine recently and the  CPU-hogging blighter brought
the whole thing to a virtual standstill even when it wasn't in "active"
use (I had to take it off in the end). So I'm not falling over myself to
install the iPlayer, as I'd like to still be able to use my laptop for
things other than catching up with great TV, like writing the occasional
email ... :)

Dylan.

I'm new here ... Sorry

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gordon Joly
Sent: 31 July 2007 11:25
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [backstage] iPlayer Today?



I have installed the iPlayer on a handy PC (laptop). It was not that 
easy, since you have install libaries etc. Is this user friendly? It 
appeared to need a reboot to work. I didn't read the instructions.

The other thing that fooled me was that as well as the 
username/password sent by email, I had to remember my BBC identity 
(created for "ICAN" a while back, used for the blogs etc now).

Searching is very visual. Dr. Who, Dr. Who, Dr. Who (with pictures 
from the episodes) but you have to select the episode (graphic) link 
before you can see which series and which episode. I read the 
accessibility guidelines.

Just my two cents,

YMMV,

Gordo

-- 
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]///
-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe,
please visit
http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.
Unofficial list archive:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group.  To unsubscribe, please 
visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.  
Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/

Reply via email to