I concur with Mike's sentiments - personally, I'm not entirely satisfied
with the solution the Beeb has gone with, but then again, I can understand
why the BBC chose what they did - and it could be worse (there are aspects
of the MSDRM scheme they're using which some would describe as 'benefits',
but which I don't feel are really appropriate for open discussion on this
list). I believe others have mentioned it though (their attempts to strip
the DRM out of the files after downloading them) and I've done it myself in
the past (purchased, DRMed music in WMA format which I had to decrypt to
allow me to play back on my older DAP). Put it like this: you won't hear me
complaining, at least in the near future! Plus I'd rather have MSDRM than
any Apple DRM scheme, hands down, if you had to push me to a decision... I'd
rather have neither and work on a trust basis given that we've technically
already paid to watch this content, but that's one of those arguments you
can get into and never work to a resolution. Oh, and the rights owners would
just laugh and go elsewhere, so that doesn't really work.

On the brighter side of things, given that I'm a lazy sod, the fact that the
content is deleted 7 days after you watch it is kind of handy, I had another
two shows expire on me tonight and I thought "hmm, I would've liked to have
kept those"... But then I thought "never mind, I would've burnt them off to
DVD-R or archived them on my fileserver and probably only watched them once
or twice again in the future, so no great loss." So, my hard drive has a
little more free space - for more lovely content! - as a result. ;)