Dylan Dawes wrote:
I'd be interested to hear how others fare with iPlayer on their laptops.
I installed 4OD on mine recently and the CPU-hogging blighter brought
the whole thing to a virtual standstill even when it wasn't in "active"
use (I had to take it off in the end). So I'm not falling over myself to
install the iPlayer, as I'd like to still be able to use my laptop for
things other than catching up with great TV, like writing the occasional
email ... :)
Dylan.
I'm new here ... Sorry
With performance and Kontiki, i would recommend disabling the
kService.exe Service under administration tools in the control panel on
XP when you are not using 4oD or iPlayer, then you can be sure that you
are not seeding any programs whilst not downloading anything.
Adam
-
Sent via the backstage.bbc.co.uk discussion group. To unsubscribe, please
visit http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/archives/2005/01/mailing_list.html.
Unofficial list archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/