At 11:34 +0100 31/7/07, Dylan Dawes wrote:
I'd be interested to hear how others fare with iPlayer on their laptops.
I installed 4OD on mine recently and the  CPU-hogging blighter brought
the whole thing to a virtual standstill even when it wasn't in "active"
use (I had to take it off in the end). So I'm not falling over myself to
install the iPlayer, as I'd like to still be able to use my laptop for
things other than catching up with great TV, like writing the occasional
email ... :)

Dylan.

I'm new here ... Sorry

Welcome. I am an old lag.

I have a HP laptop: AMD processor running at 1.6 GHZ with one Gigabyte of RAM.

No issues at all with performances. Watching the default size screen is breathtaking (I was watching "Mountain with Griff Rhys Jones") but not so good full screen (my machine probably has a bog standard graphics card).

Gordo

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/