How I enjoyed weekly update meetings with the BBC's message board
team. The cycle generally went like this.

Week 1: The message boards are knacked and overloaded, we are going to
put some extra servers in, that will double the number of messages we
can handle in a day

Week 2: BBC Technology / Siemens haven't put the servers in yet

Week 3: The servers are in, and we have doubled our capacity to handle messages.

Week 4: Now that the boards are working better and are stable, we are
getting three times as many messages as we ever did before

:-)

Martin Belam - http://www.currybet.net