LaunchServices and file association under Leopard is hopelessly
broken. Every time I reboot my machine, I have to manually reset all
my text file associations to use BBEdit. And, yes, I have a script,
and, yes, I reset LaunchServices every now and then, and, yes, this
works for a few reboot cycles, but, no, it doesn't stick, and, yes,
I'm thoroughly sick to death of it.

This is a known issue, and Apple has so far refused to fix it; the fix
went into Snow Leopard, but has not been back-ported. File a bug
report; maybe with enough complaints they'll eventually decide it's
worth fixing.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the 
"BBEdit Talk" discussion group on Google Groups.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at
<http://groups.google.com/group/bbedit?hl=en>
If you have a feature request or would like to report a problem, 
please email "[email protected]" rather than posting to the group.
Follow @bbedit on Twitter: <http://www.twitter.com/bbedit>

Reply via email to