On Oct 7, 2017 5:30 PM, "Graham" <gh78...@gmail.com> wrote:

Steven:

Thanks for pointing out speedtest-cli.

I followed your tutorial and got my ETH-WIZ 10/100 Mbps Click running,
since Robert released the overlay for that yesterday.

The one addition to your tutorial is that it also required upgrading the
kernel to 4.9 as part of the install, per Robert's instructions for the
ETH-WIZ.

As you say, it boots, and just works.

Running speedtest-cli ...
I get 3.3 Mbps down, and 4.6 Mbps up.

Confirmed that the chip had negotiated a 100 Mbps connection, so not the
connection.

I note that, in reading the source for the '.dtbo', that the SPI clock is
set to 12 MHZ.
Recompiled the '.dtbo' with SPI clock at 24 MHz.

How fast can you push the spi bus? I've just used the 12 mhz, as it was the
default for one of the device tree in the docs..

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYi2bg8xZOt4yBaG9%3D6h5pVKv%2BRpGBPcrKZMa1wru%3DbHSg%40mail.gmail.com.