Adam Jimerson wrote:
Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
You don't say what to do if the untainting fails. This code:

if ($name =~ /^([...@\w.]+)$/) {
$name = $1;
};

should better be:

if ($name =~ /^([...@\w.]+)$/) {
$name = $1;
} else {
die "Untainting of the name failed";
}

Please consider, for instance, what happens if the user submits both a
first and last name.

It seams I over looked the space, is it possible to include spaces in the search string?

Of course it is. What you call search string is a regular expression.

Obviously you have some reading to do:

http://perldoc.perl.org/perlrequick.html

http://perldoc.perl.org/perlretut.html

http://perldoc.perl.org/perlre.html

Since this is about a contact form, I can't help calling your attention
to my contact form module. The link in the sig below takes you to a form
that was created by that module. The whole code that is needed, given
that the form has been installed, is:

#!/usr/bin/perl -T
use CGI::ContactForm;

contactform (
recname   => 'My Name',
recmail   => 'm...@example.com',
styleurl  => '/style/ContactForm.css',
);

You find the module at CPAN:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/CGI-ContactForm/

Your form looks interesting, but in the long run I think it would benefit me more learning wise to fix my program.

For some definition of benefit, maybe. ;-)

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson