Adam Jimerson wrote:
On Jan 11, 8:21 am, nore...@gunnar.cc (Gunnar Hjalmarsson) wrote:
Adam Jimerson wrote:
It seams I over looked the space, is it possible to include spaces in the
search string?

Of course it is. What you call search string is a regular expression.

Obviously you have some reading to do:

http://perldoc.perl.org/perlrequick.html

http://perldoc.perl.org/perlretut.html

http://perldoc.perl.org/perlre.html

Yea I looked it up and all I needed to do was add \s for whitespaces,

Which would also allow for newlines. That sounds dangerous to me, and is an example why it's not a good idea to write your own code, that allows the world to submit data to your system, before you really know what you are doing.

now that that is solved and everything is working the question comes
to mind (I'm sure a Google search would help me here) what about if
the program handled uploaded files would they need to be untainted as
well and if so how?

Suppose that's a new topic (again). Please start a new thread.

The other CPAN module I wrote comes to mind, btw: http://search.cpan.org/dist/CGI-UploadEasy/

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson