Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

> Adam Jimerson wrote:
>>>
>>> Of course it is. What you call search string is a regular expression.
>>>
>>> Obviously you have some reading to do:
>>>
>>> http://perldoc.perl.org/perlrequick.html
>>>
>>> http://perldoc.perl.org/perlretut.html
>>>
>>> http://perldoc.perl.org/perlre.html
>>
>> Yea I looked it up and all I needed to do was add \s for whitespaces,
>
> Which would also allow for newlines. That sounds dangerous to me, and is
> an example why it's not a good idea to write your own code, that allows
> the world to submit data to your system, before you really know what you
> are doing.

How would I allow for spaces but not newlines in a textbox like the one that
I use obtain the name?  This is the reason that I am doing it so I can
learn, I learn better by doing so by doing this and making mistakes (and
fixing them) is a lot better for me than just reading about it.  Sorry but
reusing code from the CPAN is nice,  but doesn't really help me learn.