No, i've just activated two devices within the last hour.

From: bes-admins-boun...@dataoutages.com
[mailto:bes-admins-boun...@dataoutages.com] On Behalf Of
patrick_gal...@lincolnelectric.com
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 12:37 PM
To: A list for BES Admin's to discuss issues, etc.
Cc: A list for BES Admin's to discuss issues, etc.;
bes-admins-boun...@dataoutages.com
Subject: Re: [Bes-admins] User Won't Enterprise Activate

I am having issues activating too. Any known problems?

Thank you,
Patrick Galvin

[cid:image001.gif@01CAA0E0.4F8587B0]

Jonathan Barker <jonathanbar...@quinnemanuel.com>

"A list for BES Admin's to discuss issues,  etc." <bes-admins@dataoutages.com>

01/29/2010 03:11 PM

Re: [Bes-admins] User Won't Enterprise Activate

Sent by:

bes-admins-boun...@dataoutages.com

________________________________

Here's my troubleshooting steps for activation problems:

1st thing I do is assign a static agent to the BES user account.  This seems to
speed up the activation process.  YMMV.

Using the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool, confirm that the device is
correctly provisioned by the carrier.  This tool is available to TSupport
subscribers.

Login to the user's mailbox (not in cached mode) and then proceed with
activation.  I make sure that the RIM NOC email is sent and removed from the
user's mailbox.

Most of the time any problems are discovered in this process and include wrong
carrier provisioning, spam filter issues, or multiple RIM NOC emails in the
user's mailbox.

The last troubleshooting steps I take are performing a Reload on the BES user
account, deleting, waiting 5 minutes, then recreating the BES user account,
Performing a Register Now from the device Host Routing Table and finally wiping
the device.