It's not Xinerama support per-se, it's more like Xinerama awareness.

I can understand your concerns with adding artifical boundaries in
Blackbox but there is a problem when Blackbox decides to pop up a window
in a part of my screen that doesn't exist (it can do that if the
situation is right:  I have two screens with two different resolutions
and on the screen with the smaller resolution I have a window that's
bottom bar is at the border where the screen no longer exists.  Suddenly
I have a window that I can't see or get to, but Blackbox tells me it's
there).  At the same time it is very difficult to read menus across
screens and windows shouldn't be popped up across displays either.

Personally I believe a window manager should be smart enough to place
windows properly, artifically calculated or not.